Fire Resistant Coatings - passive fire protection / bushfire protection
CAP Fire resistant – internal applications
In Australia, there is still much to be understood about “INTUMESCENT FIRE RETARDANT COATINGS”. CAP Fire Resistant products represent the next generation of intumescent water based coatings for “passive fire protection” and we offer these important facts:
- The product is a water-based, thin film, with an acrylic fire resistant component designed to protect various substrates from fire by developing a thick char barrier when exposed to high temperatures or flame.
- Now Heritage buildings can find fire rating solutions where original ceilings can be restored rather than replaced AND thin film technology means minimal loss of detail to decorative or ornate finishes.
- You can fire rate ceilings effectively and quickly e.g. nursing homes, hospitals, schools etc.
- You can use this fire rated paint for upgrading/refurbishing ceilings and walls without having to replace these areas with linings. A major cost saving in labour, time and materials.
- 60 & 90 minute passive fire solutions tested to Australian Standards
- Areas can be fire rated in days, not weeks!
About Fireshell [F1E] Paint System – external Fire Resistant
This paint system meets the requirements for bushfire resisting timber and has been tested to Australian Standards. The testing by CSIRO was carried out on pine plus further assessments on cedar and other timbers are currently underway - as at December 2013.
Applications include: Timber Framing, Timber Cladding, Structural deck and pergola columns, Underfloor areas, Roof space ember attack areas, Power poles, External timber, Fences.
- Non flammable intumescent coating
- Expands under heat to provide an insulation layer
- Provides oxygen starvation to substrate
- Self Priming
- Exterior rated
- Water based Low VOC coating
- Can be top coated
- Simple application process
- Tested to Australian Standards
Visit our Project Profiles to view some of our work in these areas
Flinders Lane Property
Useful Links & Downloads
Visit supplier Cap Coatings - www.capcoatings.com.au
Visit supplier Fireshell - www.exfire.com.au
Fireshell Fact Sheet - Download File | Fireshell Product Sheet - Download File
Released December 2015 Fireshell [FIE] new technology updates - Download Info Sheet | View video below